Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why is it ok to eat fungus?

I was making a salad and realized that mushrooms are a fungus and it's ok to eat them. But mold is a fungus and it makes you sick. What's up with that? Not that I want to eat mold but there are so many things we eat that are in a "spoiled" state; sour cream and cottage cheese for example, yet when milk spoils it makes us cringe. Just thought it was weird. Thought it was weird I was eating fungus too, LOL!

Well, I was just randomly thinking while making my salad so I guess I'll go eat it now. LOL!

Toodles!





This is my yummy salad before I drenched it in ranch dressing. Seems to be the one thing I just can't give up. I love Ranch dressing though!

3 comments:

  1. That's what happens when you have too much time on your hands...you start thinking about things. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to eat mold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad looks great!!! I love Ranch dressing, too. Now instead of drowning my salad...I just measure out some and put in a dish on the side....you'd be surprised how many cals you save by eating it on the side and just dipping a bite into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip girl. I'll make sure I stop by there tomorrow...I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete