Monday, February 15, 2010

Life Change

I've been entertaining this idea for awhile now and even tried it but kinda chickened out after the headaches kicked in from my body getting use to the change.

I don't deal well with headaches at all. I've dealt with a lot of migraines since I started Depo for the first time when I was a sophomore in high school and that is when I started gaining weight. I was a size 11/13 when I was a sophomore and then a year later I was a 16/18, so I had gained at least 50 lbs in that year due to the Depo and that is where my story all started.

Ok so now back to my Life Change... I am entertaining the idea of becoming a vegetarian. There are soooo many more options now than ever for vegetarians now. One of my best friends is a vegetarian and when I spent a week with her one summer I ate everything she ate and it all tasted like regular meat. I've even bought vegetarian Italian Sausages before and it was really good in my scrambled eggs. Vegetarians are some of the healthiest people, and its not just me saying that you can look it up if you don't believe me. Some people think you can't get enough protein if you're a vegetarian, well I beg to differ with you there. Beans are a great source of protein and so is soy meat and tofu, I'll admit I'm not a fan of the tofu at Moe's but I don't have to get meat when I go to Moe's because they have so many veggies to load up on and black beans have protein so I'm good there. I wouldn't stop eating fish though if I become a vegetarian and I wouldn't cut out my dairy because I need the Omega's and Calcium because the Depo I'm on eats away at your bones and causes Osteoporosis, which is a downside but I think no periods and not being able to ovulate while on the shot outweigh the osteoporosis thing for me. But yea so that's my Life Change I'm thinking about and haven't quite decided what to do.

1 comment:

  1. Why not??!! If that's something that interests you then I say go for it!! Of course, I could never do it because I'm a total carnivore, but for anyone else, I think it's a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete