Sunday, June 6, 2010

I think I got it together now

I know I've been somewhat absent from Blog-land for the past week or so and I'm sorry. I will try to catch up on everyone's blog and comment. A lot has happened since I started this challenge. I just broke up with my boyfriend. I had been talking wedding and babies with him BUT something just changed that kind of urked me. I'm not sure what exactly it was but a week of no phone calls set it off. So that ya'll don't think I'm insane here's the story.

My (ex) boyfriend lives in Macon which is 96 miles one way from me and we go like 2 months at a time without seeing each other and then we get like 1 freakin day to spend together when we do see each other. Both of us are on cars which can only be driven around town and NOT long distances. That presents the problem of not seeing each other very often. Basically, the phone is all we have. He had been talking about joining the Air Force and getting married and me going with him. It sounds good but in reality I think it scared the crap out of me after I took it all in. Also, if we hadn't gotten married I don't know if I could wait 3 yrs for him to MAYBE come home without him being sent somewhere else. He really ticked me off when he went 5 days without talkin to me. To some of you I'm sure you're like wtf 5 days is nothing but when the phone is all you have it becomes a big deal. So my beef was that when I questioned him about it he acted like it wasn't a big deal. To me when someone calls it means they are thinking about you and want to talk to you. Well, not calling me even though he's outta town with family, to me says he doesn't care enough or isn't thinking about me while he's gone. And being too busy isn't an excuse you can always send a short text to let someone know you're thinking of them. So that was my breaking point and I do love him to death but I just can't take the distance.

So all that, once I got it off my chest made me feel free and motivated to start working out again. I just felt a huge relief after I took care of that. So I just downloaded 35 new songs to add to my already long workout playlist on my iPod. I'm ready to go! This Friday WILL show a LOSS!

I'm still pissed about my job but hopefully something better will come along soon.

I leave you with a quote I found on a friends facebook page.

I've learned that things change, people change, and it doesn't mean you forget the past or try to cover
it up; it simply means that you move on and treasure the memories. Letting go doesn't mean giving up, it means accepting that some things weren't meant to be.

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm sorry to hear about the break up, but you almost sound relieved, like a huge burden has been lifted. I felt that way about the guy before Dwayne....it was like the clouds parted and the sun started shining again. Sometimes it's for the best. Glad to hear you're back on track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Tammy say's you do sound relieved:)
    Now it it tome to concerntrate on you, getting you to your best you and along the way looking fabulous in that bridesmaid dress.

    Don't just aim for looking fabulous in the bridesmaid dress, but aim further, aim for you, your future, your well being.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about that.

    I've updated my blog on the Summer Challenge weigh-in for 6/11. Getting pictures of the scale is not proving to be very easy.. at least without showing my toes. LOL

    Hope you had a better week.

    ReplyDelete