My mom found an awesome dress for her wedding today, so I'm excited for her. Then reality hit me that I will be wearing a Bridesmaid's dress in Oct so I really need to do this challenge I took the time to create. SO, I'M GOING TO KEEP MY BLOG OPEN A CONTINUE WITH MY CHALLENGE! It will start next Monday May 24 and will last through Aug 23. That seems like a long time but it will fly by just like the past 5 months have. My mom's wedding is in Oct so I will probably still stick with my challenge though the end of Sept. If anyone wants to keep going with me then feel free to. In case anyone didn't read the rules to the challenge I will repost them again in this post.
Anyone wanting to participate in the challenge has until Friday to leave a comment and let me know you want to join.
The challenge will be from May 24- Aug 23.
Now for the rules of the challenge.
1. Post the Challenge sticker on your page and also at the head of your post when you do your weekly weigh ins.
2. Start your first post by stating what you would like to accomplish during this challenge whether it be a weight goal or an exercise goal.
3. You must weigh in every Friday(with the exception of your initial weigh in which will begin on Monday May 24) with a picture of your scale reading that weeks weight.
Winner will be determined by who loses the most weight.
(Also, people who state a goal and meet it during the challenge will win something as well.)
Winners will win something special. Not sure what yet, when I think of it I will update this. I'm thinking I will treat the winner to a new outfit to show off their new self. Still in the thinking process but I think that's a good one.
Those are the rules for the challenge!
I also have a few other rules that I'm doing for myself for this challenge that I will post along with some pictures I made up to simulate me now and then me at my goal weight.
The picture on the left is me now at 210 and the one on the right is me at my goal 140.
Now, I realize that I probably won't reach 140 before my trip in July but just to get into Onederland would be awesome! I am looking forward to this challenge and I'm hoping I actually have people join the challenge and that I don't have to do it alone. Either way, I'm going to do it!
So here are some of the rules I'm setting for myself.
1. I have a goal to lose 20lbs at the minimum for this challenge.
2. I'm going to take pictures of my food, everything!
(Yes, Tammy gave me this idea. I saw how well it worked for her so I am incorporating it into my challenge as well, for myself. If anyone else wants to do this feel free to but I know it will help me because I won't want to take pictures of bad foods to put on here.)
3. I will also post a picture of what my scale says each week.
4. Even though I don't have a gym membership anymore, I'm going to start working out on Monday.
(Either on a friends buddy pass at the gym or around the neighborhood, there's quite a few hills in this neighborhood that I can take advantage of.)
5. I will be aiming for an hour of exercise daily.
(If I get in more then that's awesome, but I haven't worked out in a few months now so I'm starting with an hour as my goal.)
6. I will be counting my calories.
(I'm going to stay between 1500 and 1700 cals a day)
7. I will be cutting out ALL alcohol consumption for the duration of the challenge. Minus what I consume while in Arizona in August.
8. I will be drinking WATER WATER WATER!!!
(This is a really big thing for me because I am addicted to sweet tea!)
9. This is a big thing for me, so its going to be extremely hard to cut out of my diet but I'm going to do it.
NO MORE POTATOES
(White starchy potatoes are not good for you and neither is adding cheese to them.)
SWEET POTATOES ARE FINE AND WILL BE ON MY DIET AS LONG AS THEY ARE PLAIN WITH NO BUTTER!!!
10. I will eat more fruits and veggies.
This goal is not just for the challenge but so that I can get in the habit of eating more fruits and veggies.
Well, there you have it!
I hope to get some people to join the challenge soon, look forward to seeing all of you succeed as well as myself.