Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer Challenge 2010 Rules


Anyone wanting to participate in the challenge has until Monday to leave a comment and let me know you want to join.

Now for the rules of the challenge. 

RULES:
1. Post the Challenge sticker on your page and also at the head of your post when you do your weekly weigh ins.

2. Start your first post by stating what you would like to accomplish in the next 11 weeks during this challenge whether it be a weight goal or an exercise goal.

3. You must weigh in every Saturday with a picture of your scale reading that weeks weight.

Winner will be determined by who loses the most weight.
(Also, people who state a goal and meet it during the challenge will win something as well.)


PRIZE:
Winners will win a souvenir or something special from my trip to Arizona! If you're a winner and you have something in mind you would like from my trip let me know and I will try to make it happen for you.



Those are the rules for the challenge! 

Nothing too hard. I decided to do this challenge because I need to lose AT LEAST 20lbs before I go to Arizona so I can just fit into my cute clothes again. I also have a few other rules that I'm doing for myself for this challenge that I will post along with some pictures I made up to simulate me now and then me at my goal weight.




The picture on the left is me now at 210 and the one on the right is me at my goal 140. 

Now, I realize that I probably won't reach 140 before my trip in July but just to get into Onederland would be  awesome! I am looking forward to this challenge and I'm hoping I actually have people join the challenge and that I don't have to do it alone. Either way, I'm going to do it!

So here are some of the rules I'm setting for myself.
1. I have a goal to lose 20lbs at the minimum for this challenge.
2. I'm going to take pictures of my food, everything! 
(Yes, Tammy gave me this idea. I saw how well it worked for her so I am incorporating it into my challenge as well, for myself. If anyone else wants to do this feel free to but I know it will help me because I won't want to take pictures of bad foods to put on here.)
3. I will also post a picture of what my scale says each week. 
4. Even though I don't have a gym membership anymore, I'm going to start working out on Monday.
(Either on a friends buddy pass at the gym or around the neighborhood, there's quite a few hills in this neighborhood that I can take advantage of.)
5. I will be aiming for an hour of exercise daily.
(If I get in more then that's awesome, but I haven't worked out in a few months now so I'm starting with an hour as my goal.)
6. I will be counting my calories.
(I'm going to stay between 1500 and 1700 cals a day)
7. I will be cutting out ALL alcohol consumption for the next 11 weeks.
8. I will be drinking WATER WATER WATER!!!
(This is a really big thing for me because I am addicted to sweet tea!)
9. This is a big thing for me, so its going to be extremely hard to cut out of my diet but I'm going to do it. 
NO MORE POTATOES
(White starchy potatoes are not good for you and neither is adding cheese to them.)
SWEET POTATOES ARE FINE AND WILL BE ON MY DIET AS LONG AS THEY ARE PLAIN WITH NO BUTTER!!!
10. I will eat more fruits and veggies.
This goal is not just for the challenge but so that I can get in the habit of eating more fruits and veggies.

Well, there you have it!
I hope to get some people to join the challenge soon, look forward to seeing all of you succeed as well as myself.


One must eat to live and not live to eat.
       - Moliere

Kandice


No comments:

Post a Comment