Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1- Summer Challenge 2010!


I'm still waiting for the rest of my people to weigh in, I had a surprising number of people join the challenge. I had 14 people join the challenge thank to Tammy at From Fat to Fab's word of blog! LOL. I was expecting it to just my mom, Tammy and myself on this journey but I actually got people to join. YAY! So I am still waiting for everyone to post their initial weigh ins. If you could just leave me a comment on here letting me know you posted that would be great because sometimes there are so many blogs posted I may miss it, especially if you don't post the little badge for the challenge on your post. Its just easier to spot with the badge.

Onto my day!

I weighed in this morning at 213, not my proudest weigh in but I will lose it I'm sure of it.

Well, it didn't go as well as I had expected for the first day. Shame on me for not packing my food last night or I wouldn't have been in the pickle I was in today, tomorrow I know better and not to eat as many calories before my dinner because I may be going out to eat with my aunt but not really sure yet, she's visiting from Wyoming. Today I only got a picture of my scale and of my lunch. I was at work bright and early at 6am with no camera other than my phone and it doesn't take very good pictures of words so I can't remember the calories if I don't take a picture or write it down.

I did manage to grab a bottle of water on my way out the door this morning, so that was a plus. I don't normally eat breakfast because I just don't have time in the mornings but I stopped and got a banana at QuickTrip and ate it and had my bottle of water, which I refilled twice today so far that is (3) 16 oz bottles.

                                                           Banana- 62 calories

Today was Muffin Monday at work which happens every Monday! We have a wide variety of muffins but they aren't big muffins, I'd say small muffins in comparison to QuickTrip muffins. Well I had 2 of those muffins and I'd say they had about 200 calories each. One was blueberry and one was like a cinnamon apple, Maya and I couldn't quite figure out the flavor just that it was yummy! Lol.

                                                   2 muffins- guesstimating 400 calories?

For lunch when I got home I had a salad with chicken strips, black olives, kidney beans, mexi cheese, and ranch dressing.
                                                            Salad- 390 calories

For dinner I'm having Jambalaya, not sure on the calories I'll have to add them up and then come edit my post with the updated calories for today!

Jambalaya-443 calories
Sweet Tea- 120 calories? I'm guessing that because it was a big glass and it has 2 cups of sugar in the gallon. So not too sure on that but I'm gonna say its a safe bet that my total calories for today were about 1400-1450.


Tomorrow will definitely be a better day food wise for sure. I am packing everything tonight since I won't be home until late tomorrow night. Good luck everybody on your first week of the challenge!!!!

Kandice

16 comments:

  1. Hi! :D

    I posted my first day weight and scale pic. Time to get our challenge on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we got started today.
    My pic and goals are posted and ready.
    Way to go with the water already...I need to catch up.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did post in my 'blog.' I have to write down what I have eaten and here I am wanting dinner at 4 o'clock LOL. Maybe someday I'll sleep past 5AM. Oh Kandice, it really is true that breakfast is important- have something to fuel yourself. I actually ate eggs this morning but I usually have cereal. I know so much about nutrition and dieting but I just can't seem to eat less! Healthy food can put on the pounds too, drat it!!! I know you can lose the weight and look gorgeous for your mom's wedding YES! My plan is to read some blogs of your challengers and support them hip hip hurray...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you commented on my post already but I just wanted to let you know that I posted and weighed-in today! Hoooray! Thanks for this challenge. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl....it's been a bummer of a day...went to the unemployment ofc, extension ends in 2 weeks...blah!

    Fixing to do my challenge post RIGHT NOW. I'll pop back over and leave another comment when I get it posted in a few mins. Also, you've got me curious....where are you getting your calorie counts from? I'm only asking because I use sparkpeople.com and they say my bananas are 110 cals each!!! If they're really only 62, I want to know it! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted my starting weight and scale pic. Excited about the challenge. Good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya I have made my first post now too :-) Good luck everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I'm back...I finally got my challenge post up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope I'm not too late to join in the fun! If I don't get my post up tonight I will first thing tomorrow, I promise...if that is okay?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I got my post up, minus my scale pic - hope that is okay! http://restofthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-challenge-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found out about this challenge from Pam (restofthejourney) and would like to join in. If I'm too late, that's alright, I'll just play along on the sidelines (so to speak).

    http://mommysgettinghealthy.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kandice - Tammy sent me over to join the challenge. I can't get my post and picture done tonight but, if it's ok, I'll get them to you tomorrow.

    We're basically at the same weight and have the same goals so it should be fun to compare when we to the end of August.

    Ready, set, go ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got my starting pic/weight up. It's a day late, my appologies :) Hooray let the skinny days roll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I did it. My initial challenge post/weigh in is here: http://finallyfiguringitout.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-challenge-2010.html

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how does this challange work? thanks

    TaDa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally got my first post up!

    ReplyDelete