Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why? Why? Why?

Ok so no matter how much I WANT to lose weight or eat right it's like that Weight Watcher's commercial with the little orange "Hunger" guy. I am tempted by everything and I wish that lil orange fuzzy guy would leave me the hell alone! I mean come on give me a break, cut me some slack. Why can't healthy food be appealing and delicious just like the crappy junk I love so much. So I gave in instead of depriving myself and went to Taco Bell and got the Black Jack Taco Box... so instead of getting one freaking taco I got 2 tacos and a burrito supreme and a Dr. Pepper. OMG!!!!! What is wrong with me? Not to mention I hate working out. I would rather be entertained by watching other people work out, like my mom for instance- I'd rather watch her work out and throw her iPhone across the room and get a good laugh than to workout and benefit from it. Im going to look up the exact calorie amount for that meal and post it to see just how horrible my day was, granted that is all I have eaten today but it seems the more crap I eat the more crap I crave. I am soooooo happy to be at 201 finally but I feel like I'm at the edge of letting all this slip away from me and to just spiral downward again would be like admitting defeat!

So here is the breakdown of my 1 meal I had today.....
*Calorie* Fat* Cholest* Sodium *Carbs *Dietary Fiber*
Sugar* Protein *

Black Jack Taco- 210 17 35 430 6 2 1 8

Burrito Sup.- 400 15 35 1350 51 8 4 16

Hard Taco -170 10 30 330 12 3 1 8

Cinnamon Twist- 170 7 0 200 26 1 10 1

Dr. Pepper- 400 0 0 140 108 0 108 0

Totals- 1350 49 100 2450 203 14 124 33



So for one meal this is very very bad! I guess if I eat some yogurt, string cheese, and maybe some granola or fruit I'd be within my calorie range for the day. But why is it so easy to eat this many cals in ONE, ONE freakin meal but when you sit and count your calories you can hardly break 12oo and you end up being full and not wanting to even finish up your alotted calories for the day? This is insane!!!!!! I don't feel guilty for eating it but I feel kinda angry that I ate it and I am definately sure this is why I can never make it below 200 lbs. I work in the center of food and I'm smelling it all day long. I work at Walmart and there is a Subway in there and you can always smell them making bread or over in the bakery you can smell them making donuts and cookies and cakes all day long, its the most horrible pain ever!!! Who wants to carry a lunch box around with you unless you sit at a desk all day? It looks retarded carrying your lunchbox around when there is so much yummy food around you all day! Bleh!

So I guess tomorrow is a new day and I can start fresh but today was definately NOT a good day! But i have this mentality that if you're going to mess up your day why not finish it off even more so than I have already.... LOL! I am being possessed by "Hunger" the lil orange guy. I really feel like that too, he always comes around when I'm bored or just really want something sweet. Its soooo not fair! GO AWAY HUNGER!!!!


And then mom called and we're going to Moe's for dinner! Yum but Oh No all at the same time! LOL.....Oh my what a calorie filled day!

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for looking up the calorie and nutrient information on your taco bell splurge. You looked it in the face, and have decided to suck it up and start fresh tomorrow. Good for you!! You could have ignored it, but you didn't.

    BTW, I call it the Bridget Jones solution. If I've already blown my calorie limit for the day by eating one of the chocolates out of the box (or whatever the food item in question is) might as well finish the whole darn box in one go so as not to have it lurking around as a temptaion for the following day. Doesn't really make sense I know, but I fall prey to this way of thinking a lot.

    As for exercise............I used to feel the same way, but eventually found that I really do like to exercise. Honestly!!
    It took a bit of trial and error to find what works for me and to build up to it though. Don't give up on it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!!! Very proud of you for looking up the info and posting it. I looked up an Arby's meal when I first started and got the shock of my life...sandwich, curly fries and drink was around 1330 if I remember correctly. That's how I found out I was probably eating 4-5000 calories on a normal day. Going down to 1500 was very painful...but I got through it, and you will, too. As you go along, you'll find healthy foods that actually taste good to you. I know it's hard to believe, but it can be done. We'll have a cookout over here one day and I'll show you it is possible!! Hang in there girl...you'll get it right...the key is to never give up...keep pressing forward, and you will figure things out as you go along. As far as exercise, start with walking. I started with walking 15 mins at a time...dont' think it was even a full mile...but it will do you more good than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you eating enough calories?
    One of the secrets of successful weight loss is you should not be feel hungry?

    Sometimes when we start a diet we eat too little. Depending on how much weigh you are wanting to lose the more you need to eat. I know you are reading this and thinking
    "Is this woman for real" but it is true.

    Check it out:)

    ReplyDelete